W H A T M A K E S U S D I F F E R E N T
O U R T E C H N I Q U E A N D F O C U S
Science has proven the superiority of the nervous system in controlling and coordinating all function and healing inside of the human body. Since the nervous system controls every organ in the body, an interference to this system will cause an overall lowering of healing potential causing a decrease in function.
Life activities such as the birthing process, slips and falls, car accidents, athletic injuries, distorted ergonomics and sitting/standing posture, as well as poor lifting and bending technique can cause any of the 24 moveable vertebrae of the spinal column to move out of alignment, called Structural Shift.
When this Structural Shift interferes with the electrical life-giving messages being transmitted from the brain through the spinal column and cord, it is called subluxation. Subluxation interferes with neurological function, lowering health potential, thus allowing sickness and dis-eased cells to grow in the body.
At Thrive Chiropractic, our primary focus is NeuroStructural Correction, aka correction of subluxation, by way of specific and precise, scientific adjustments, performed with a very precise and accurate instrument. The objective of the adjustment is not to cure illness, but to remove pressure from the Nerve System and elevate the innate healing capacity of the body, thus allowing the doctor inside of yourself called Innate Intelligence to accomplish the restoration and maintenance of well-being and healing naturally.
S U B L U X A T I O N S T A T I O N
Here at Thrive Chiropractic, we employ the latest in chiropractic technology to assess the neurological impact of stress in your life.
C H I R O P R A C T I C C A R E I S N O W
R O C K E T S C I E N C E !
Thrive Chiropractic has joined a growing number of high tech chiropractic offices that have upgraded their level of care to better assess the health and well being of their community. People can now be examined by the Insight Subluxation StationTM, a non-invasive technology which is a Neurospinal screening and evaluation system originally designed to measure changes in the spinal muscles of astronauts caused by space flight. It is painless, economical, and only takes minutes.
Thrive Chiropractic uses the InsightTM technology to help measure subluxations, which is a nerve interference along the spine. This nerve interference disturbs the muscles regular nerve function, causing an abnormal amount of electrical flow to the muscles and creates other health problems. The Insight Subluxation StationTM measures the electrical flow and charts it, using graphics that show the spine. This helps specify precisely when chiropractors should adjust their patients, allowing for increased accuracy in diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes.
The InsightTM technology used by Thrive Chiropractic has received the highly regarded, exclusive recognition of a Certified Space Technology (TM) from The Space Foundation, in cooperation with NASA. “We are extremely excited to be able to bring this breakthrough technology to our office and patients,” states Dr. Simpson. “Providing the highest level of care for the people is the goal and purpose of our office.
What is the Subluxation Station?
A computerized, non-invasive & painless test consisting of thermal and surface electromyology (sEMG).
Why should I get a scan of my nervous system?
The benefits of these scans are to detect and pinpoint abnormal function which cannot be seen on X-ray and are generally not felt in the form of pain until the damage is severe; much like a heart attack. The scans will show if there is any Subluxation (stress) on your nervous system and how it is affecting your organs, glands, muscles & energy level.
How will this test benefit me?
These computerized scans will let you know if chiropractic can help you.
Does the Insight Subluxation Station test hurt?
Absolutely not. These tests do not utilize any needles, electric shock, or heat whatsoever. The patient just feels someone touching their spine. Even infants can be scanned.
T H E R M O G R A P H Y :
The scanner will measure the temperature on each side of your spine. Your skin temperature is controlled by the autonomic nervous system , the part of the nervous system that you don’t have to think about but controls heart rate, breathing, all organ function, and much more. Studies at Johns Hopkins University show that the body temperature on the left and right sides of your spine should be the same. A difference of body temperature on the right or left sides of your spine indicates stress on your autonomic nerves (Subluxation). The test enables us to determine what organs may be affected and the severity of the stress.
S U R F A C E E L E C T R O M Y O G R A P H
( s E M G ) :
sEMG will measure how your motor nerves are working and if your body is functioning efficiently. This is the part of the nervous system controlling muscles & movement. The more your muscles contract...the more electrical activity. We are able to measure the amount of muscle spasms or weakness which may indicate stress to your nervous system caused by Subluxation.
s E M G A N D M U S C L E S Y M M E T R Y ( B A L A N C E ) :
Each color represents differing amounts of nervous system disturbance. White is optimal. Green is mild stress. Blue, Red, and Black indicate increasing levels of severity that has negative impacts on the health of the individual and correspond to Secondary Conditions. Disturbances in nervous system function will cause an abnormal amount of flow to the muscles on either side of the spine. As a result of this disturbance, the muscles can become weaker, tighter, or fatigued. This is measured through the sEMG.
S T R U C T U R A L R A D I O G R A P H S
We have in house radio-graphical imaging equipment to aid in our analysis of your body. Just like blood pressure or cholesterol levels, there are normals in what the structure of your spine should look like.
Five things we look for on Structural Radiographs are:
1. Curve - If your spine is straight or "leaning forward", called Anterior Head Syndrome, without a nice banana shaped curve on a lateral view, it is indicative of a Structural shift that is causing Subluxations and affecting your body and its ability to function it's best.
2. Atlas Angle - As Christopher Reeve learned when he had his accident while horse riding, if you put pressure on the brainstem it can cause entire body problems. He ended up paralyzed from too much pressure on his brain stem. The Atlas Angle is indicative of pressure on the brain stem. Your Nerve System works like a garden hose in that if there is a kink in the hose, water can't flow through it properly, diminishing its ability to work the best. It will still work, but not as good as if there were no kinks in the hose.
3. Disc Height and Degeneration - We will evaluate the spine to see if degeneration is present. If it is, it indicates the problem has been there for some time and didn't just "come on" in the past few days or weeks. A lot of times, structural shift leads to degenerative processes which are mostly painless, like a tooth ache before it becomes noticeable. If you have these we will let you know about it, how long it has been present, if it has led into Degenerative Disc Syndrome and what level of severity it is. This will also help us in determining the kind of care necessary to help you.
4. Structural Shift - As noted above, there are normal parameters for many things in your body. If a shift is present, it can be seen on our Structural Radiographs. These Shifts also put pressure on the Nerve System. The more Shifts that are present, the greater the severity. Shifts in the lower part of the spine affect everything sitting above it, like the frame of a car or foundation of a house. Shifts higher in the spine pinch off the nerves and like the garden hose, affect the ability of flow anywhere further down the pipe line (Nerve System).
5. Rule out Pathology - In our many years of helping people, we have found cancer, lesions, and fractures which would or could be detrimental to our patients if we hadn't checked. Another reason we provide the best care for our patients. We want you as healthy as possible!
This is another indicator we use to give our patients in Washtenaw, Livingston and Wayne Counties the best care possible.
Do you have a question? Please feel free to contact us anytime.